Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Arkadia Studios is expanding with two new members of the team

Arkadia Studios is expanding with two new members of the team

Today we are happy to announce that Arkadia Studios is expanding with two new contractors. We welcome Mathias and Lars on-board!
You will be able to read their presentations below.

The reasons for bringing them in are many, and so are their talents. They will bridge the gap between the developers and you, the players. They will be in-game as support, guiding newcomers, run more events, work on the storyline, and so forth. They will also work to liaison between Arkadia Studios and Mindark, as they are based in Gothenburg.
It is our strong belief that they will become a huge asset to the team and a great support for you. Don't hesitate to ask them about something or give them feedback about your game-play.
So, once again, welcome Mathias and Lars!

David Dobson
CEO, Planet Arkadia Pte Ltd

Who is Lars?

Nationality: Swedish
Age: 'too old to die young'
Interests: music, literature, math, theoretical physics, work-out at the gym, martial arts, running, computers, medical subjects (work with it), military subjects (still active), and conversations.
Music: grew up with AC/DC at kindergarten but these days i listen to everything. A good song is a good song. Doesn't matter if it is opera, metal or rap.
People that inspire: Peter Diamandis (founder of X PRIZE, Singularity University and Planetary Resources Inc.), Ray Kurzweil (author, scientist, inventor, futurist, and is a director of engineering at Google), Michio Kaku (theoretical physicist), Elon R. Musk (if you don't know who this guy is you better google it...)
Entropia experience: Started July 2013

Let me start with that I am probably like most people; if you met me walking down the street you wouldn't even pay notice about me. One of the reasons for that is probably because that's the way I want it. I don't seek attention. It is not important to me.

People know me in-game as the avatar Eliah 'Eli' Wettergren. That avatar is now put on ice as long as I am a contractor at Arkadia Studios. Those who had me on their friends-list (or contacts as it is called nowadays) can add my new avatar: Arkadia Official Lars.

The more interesting things I guess, for you, is what I will bring to this game.
I will be one of the guys writing on the storyline and run events. And the reason for that is David found out that I was one h*ll of a story-writer who loves complex intrigues.
I have always been interested in a good story since I was a kid. I started to become a storyteller when I discovered table-top role-playing games. I think I was at the age of 12 back then. I found out that being a game-master was more compelling to me than being a player so it ended up with that I was the one who made up all the story and entertained my players.
During that time I tried out different styles and methods to tell a story. I made many mistakes and learned from them.
The other part of my job at Planet Arkadia is that I will be there for you to help out with questions.

I hope that I will be able to make Planet Arkadia an even more intriguing and fun planet than it already is. It is a challenge I am ready to take.

See you in-game
Lars

Who is Mathias?

Nationality: Swedish
Age: mid 30's
Interests: work-out at the gym, computers, photography, travels, design and science.
Music: nothing special, music that fits what I'm doing for the moment.
Entropia experience: I started playing back in December 2007, and been playing ever since. I've been based on Planet Arkadia since first day it launched.

If you have read Lars introduction it's very much the same with me. I'm no superman or someone special. I'm not after the status of becoming famous; I just want to do a good job in helping to develop Planet Arkadia.

People know me in and out of game as the avatar Jennifer 'Jenny ferr'. That avatar is now put on ice as long as I'm a contractor at Arkadia Studios. Those who had me on their friends-list (or contacts as it is called nowadays) can add my new avatar: Arkadia Official Mathias.

So, what will i bring to the table, one might ask?
I will continue to be seen around the forum in an admin role and also work close with Chris at the back end. I promise you this; I will do my very best to make sure that this game becomes a thriving economy. The balance in the game is something my heart burns for.
I will also, as Lars, help out with running events and help out in general. I'm there for you to answer questions and give suggestions how to make your game even more fun and interesting.

See you in-game
Mathias

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here: