1. Character Creation – Mindark stated that they will do update of the character system, but for the moment character creation in EVE Online is little better then in Entropia Universe. Lightning is better, you can try different clothes, scars and make up. You can even change your avatar look later anytime you want for free.
2. First Person View and Third Person View – I was so surprised when I realized that there is no First Person View option in Eve Online. One of the best 3D shooting MMO game and no FPV – this is huge mistake from CCP Games. Winner – Entropia Universe.
3. Graphics Engine – In Entropia Universe MindArk are using CryEngine made by Crytek. CryEngine is capable of some stunning video quality and in the same time provide easy to use WYSIWYG editor for the developers which allow MindArk to allow other companies to make their own planets in the same universe/game. Using CryEngine was one of the smartest moves made by MindArk. The Graphics Engine in Eve Online is fast and beautiful in space, but the avatar movement in station is ugly and just stupid.
4. Massively Multiplayer – In Entropia Universe from the first hour in the game you see other people playing around you – shooting creatures, mining or just talking. They are giving you advices and help you out with quests and moving around. In short you feel like you are in MMO game. For the last week in Eve Online I barely see other players. And if there are any in the station with me I just see their names in some text list and I am not sure if they are real people or just NPC with human names. May be if I ask for help I will get it but I don't need it for the first missions. I am making the starting missions but so far it feels like I am playing single player game. I am sure later in the game if I join some guild I will get some multiplayer action, but first few days are enough to make people quit the game. Winner – Entropia Universe.
5. Gameplay – And the most important of everything is how much you enjoy the game you play. When I started Entropia Universe on the starting island I had fun killing every creature I can or running for my life from those I can’t. The landscape was better than any game I played so far.