Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Blizzard veteran joins Star Citizen team

I like probably most of you spent my time as a kid playing WarCraft 2, StarCraft, StarCraft: Brood War and Diablo 2. And I bought StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3, but they are not on the same quality level as the old games. Even today I prefer to replay StarCraft and StarCraft: Brood War campaigns instead of StarCraft 2 campaign. I even didn’t finish the StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm campaign. Blizzard was my favorite game company but I fear I will never buy game from them again. No wonder they are now making some card game and other stupid games. And for years fans expected some mysterious project named “Titan” may be the next gen MMO. But no one is expecting it now.


And now the news is that lead producer of Diablo 3 Alex Mayberry will join Star Citizen team. He will work as an executive producer at the studio. Mayberry will oversee all development on Star Citizen. He will also be responsible for managing the company's development studios across the world. For some this may be great news, but I think we can expect just more ways to delay content in order to get more of bakers’ money. Star Citizen may be the only game other than Entropia Universe that I will play, but I see when they use Jedy tricks to get more of my money and that piss me of. Remember the release of Dog Fighting Module in December last year. For me it was clear to them that it won’t happen then. But people spent more for holidays in December then they do in March or May or whenever that DFM comes out. That move made them more money, but I wanted to buy Hornet for 140 $ and now I will stick t my pledge of 40$ for Aurora and alpha access.


Let’s see what that Blizzard geek does for the game. And let’s hope it is not too bad for the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here: