Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Participating in the Oratan Attack

I manage to participate in the last Oratan attack on planet Arkadia. This is some sort of event (but not really event) where for 2 days Oratans are attacking some bases on planet Arkadia. There is nonstop fight for 48 hours.


Let’s start with what I like about it. First it is shared mob so everyone can join and shoot whatever mob he like and in the end take his part of the loot in some way fair way. This is good; you can participate in team hunt with 20-30 other players that usually is hard to organize. Other good point is that if you want to skill fast this is the place for you. You don’t have to wait between mobs, they are coming to you and you shoot nonstop. The mob is definitely interesting looking – some robot riding big lizard or something. And there is always a chance that such big mob will drop some nice UL item. Good work planet Arkadia it is really something never seen before in Entropia Universe.


Now for the things I don’t like. Due to too many players, big mobs, walls and whatever almost every mob is flying in the sky. This is probably the most annoying thing in this event. Similar problem is that too often, almost every mob is becoming ‘Unreachable’ at some point. We don’t lose ammo now shooting at unreachable mob, but it’s still annoying. And again due to too many players and mobs I have to play on safe mode instead on some high settings. This is enough to make me skip the next Oratan attack. And there is some loot question. Usually the players with the big guns will take most of the loot leaving little fish with not much to cover their expenses. And there are the really small fishes shooting one time at every mob waiting to loot some UL item. One small issue might be that Arkadian official is healing the hunters. I know this is not a big deal, but I’m not sure if it's the right thing to do.

At one time we got 8-9K global, but I was dead and reviving at the beginning of the killing of that mob and got only 50 PED. So luck is also big factor at your loot. I feel kind of stupid for saying that for loot in Entropia Universe. At the beginning I was on profit 16 PED than was on loss 80 PED and finished on loss around 35 PED. For 410 PED ammo. That's little better than 90% return I think so I’m happy. And on the next day I got HOF 271 PED of Aarkan Pellets on the first drop, so my trip to Arkadia is very profitable so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here: